Voting

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Whale of a Good Time!

I received a call from a customer requesting cake bites for a baby shower she was hosting. She asked for half Birthday Cake and half Chocolate Chunker.  Easy enough.  Oh yeah right!  She then tells me that it is for a boy and it is whale themed and would like them to look like whales.  Before I could even think about it, I just said SURE.  What was I thinking (I wasn't)!  I am not a trained baker and I could feel myself getting in over my head.  But I had already committed and there was no backing down now.  I told her that I would do a trail run on them first and send her a picture and if she didn't like them we could go with balls.  So there I was in the kitchen thinking "here goes nothing"..........


This is the picture I sent her for her approval.  She was happy, so they were a go.


I must note that I am terrible about remembering to take pictures.  I was running out the door to deliver them when I remembered the I had not taken a picture of the finished product. There was also no telling where my daughter finally set the camera down when she was done taking her pretend pictures earlier in the day.  Long story short these were taken on my camera phone, but I need a couple of my whales all together. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment